Develop informed citizens today by bringing this interactive simulation into the classroom!
Easily adaptable to state and local elections
A Storypath unit making elections fun
Engage your entire class in this interactive electoral process. Create an interactive narrative where students are in control of creating their own political parties, campaigns, and slogans. Use character-based learning to teach them everything about the American political system, from the start of a campaign to the swearing-in ceremony.
Foster Active Learning
By immersing themselves in interactive learning, students will develop literacy skills, learn how to debate issues, and negotiate problems throughout the campaign simulations.
How will you empower teachers to immerse their students in democratic elections while also building crucial literacy skills?
With this tool, teachers are empowered to seamlessly use the power of storytelling to bring each topic to life.
- Episode Planning guides with an instructional plan and materials
- Teaching Notes for detailed support
- Teaching Masters provide nonfiction content and writing models specific to the unit’s content
- Student Assessments throughout the unit contain strategies and unit questions for review
The Student Portfolio
Students learn and practice their literacy and comprehension skills as they work through the Student Portfolio to create characters, organize their ideas, plan and write speeches, and more.
Highlights of the Student Portfolio:
- Use the Portfolio to read, write, conduct research and complete activities crucial to the unit
- Helps students manage their work throughout the process
- When complete, it becomes an authentic assessment tool
Content Slide Sets
Each Styorypath unit is accompanied by a slide presentation that presents the educational content students will use to build their stories, as well as guidance on how to make the most of the lessons.
- Focused nonfiction content that can be used for independent, paired, or small-group reading
- Students will use the slides to build context and deepen their understanding of the unit
- Specific suggestions of how to use each slide as unit progresses
- “Reading Tips” PDF chart to help remind students of key reading strategies
Start Meeting Standards and Student Needs
Fill out the form and one of our curriculum specialists will be in touch shortly!