A skill-based mapping program for elementary school
One Hands-On Program,
Teach foundational geography, literacy, and critical-thinking skills with Encompass, our new hands-on elementary mapping program!
<p>Encompass is all about hands-on geography, teaching spatial thinking and mapping skills using</p>
<ul><li>markable activity globes scaffolded for Grades 1-5;</li>
<li>a variety of hands-on maps, including raised relief; and</li>
<li>Social Studies Place Mats featuring primary and secondary sources.</li>
Activities foster reading comprehension, writing, speaking, and listening skills through
- expository text with vocabulary in context;
- a variety of writing tasks; and
- classroom discussion and engaging read-alouds.
Critical Thinking & Analysis
Students build critical-thinking and analysis skills by
- examining maps, photos, and graphics;
- interpreting data in graphs and charts; and
- analyzing primary and secondary sources.
Get a Free Sample
Take a closer look!